Instructions for Zoom
If you have not used Zoom see further resources and instructions below. We will not be able to assist with the technology. Each participant is responsible for becoming familiar and fluent in Zoom.
Please familiarize yourself with the following Zoom features you will use during the meeting:
- Raising your hand
- Muting and unmuting your microphone
- Starting and stopping your video
- Controlling what you see (gallery view or speaker view)
- The chat feature
- Finding and enabling the language translation button (for languages other than English)
If there is Discussion: Advice for Participation
You will be muted unless you are speaking. Everyone will be muted by default upon entering, and the host will have the ability to mute and unmute any participant.
If there is time for questions or comments Ron will call on people to speak. If you are offered the opportunity to speak during the meeting:
- Unmute your device. (see instructions)
- Introduce yourself, simply saying “This is
from " (Some may participate by phone, so it will help them)
Tips for using Zoom and joining a Zoom Meeting
Set up Zoom in advance of the meeting time. Allow more time if you think you may need assistance.
Here is a link to learn how to join a meeting: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-How-Do-I-Join-A-Meeting-
Instructions for Setting Up Zoom and joining a Zoom meeting
Download and install to your Computer or Mobile Device
- Get the latest software for your device at: https://zoom.us/download
- New to Zoom? You can test Zoom here: https://zoom.us/test
Joining the Meeting on a Computer or Mobile Device
- Click on the Zoom meeting link
- A new tab or window will open in your browser, which will then automatically open the software you installed and connect you to the meeting. Follow the prompts.
Participating with a phone
- Participating with video is preferred
- Dial the Zoom meeting phone number
- The instructions in English only will ask you to do the following 3 steps:
- Enter the meeting ID, then #
- Ignore the participant ID number instructions, they do not apply
- Enter the password.
- Enter meeting by muting your phone
- To mute or unmute your phone, dial *6
- At the end of the Meeting, just hang up
- Click on this link for a more detailed explanation: